Investing in your home is important, and when it’s time to replace windows, any homeowner will want to make sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s essential to look at the style, material and design of a window, but to recognize your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience through the years. Here are a few of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you may see your heating and cooling expenses drop. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 annually when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows could return 73 percent of the project expense when you sell your house. If you are looking to sell your home in the next several years, your first action item might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for many ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to look through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and locate the best deals in Rochester.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has increased, new glass panes can now help reduce fading of your furniture and fabrics from the sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements are eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To get more information about the specifics of green-energy tax credits for the Rochester area, check out energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the initial costs can be daunting. Replacement windows are a good way to spruce up your space before the fall hits, while also saving some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Learn more about replacing new windows with Pella Windows and Doors by giving our team a call at 507-847-1060 or scheduling an appointment with us online.