Fall is coming quickly in Rochester, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the perfect time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Rochester a call at 507-847-1060 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!