The cold season is fast approaching in Rochester and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often get higher. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Rochester winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Rochester experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to produce a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Rochester.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Rochester a call at 507-847-1060 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.