Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the first impression that guests have when arriving at your Rochester home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are prepared to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can receive a major makeover.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Rochester, give them a call at 507-847-1060 or schedule an appointment online to discuss all the selections for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.