Loads, drives and unloads Pella delivery truck on assigned route. Provides customer service and communication from the field. Ensures product is delivered to customer within Pella quality standards. Assigned teams and tasks will vary based on business necessity.
Deliver Driver II is required to have a valid commercial class D driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck loaded with Pella products to customer jobsite or other predetermined location, occasionally picks-up return products
- Loads and unloads trucks per delivery paperwork
- Works in a way that protects the product from damage during the delivery process
- Performs visual quality inspections on product while loading and unloading
- Collects money from customers on COD orders and issues a customer receipt
- Notifies manager or coworkers of shortages, discrepancies or anticipated needs
- Obtains customer signature as a verification of delivery or pick-up
- Develop continuous improvement suggestions
- Ensure vehicle is operated in safe manner at all times, in all conditions
- Reports maintenance needs on delivery vehicles
- Maintains DOT log book
- Meets company safety requirements by keeping work area neat and clean, following safety precautions and wearing required safety apparel (i.e. shoes, safety glasses, fall protection, seat belt, etc.)
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license and be in compliance with the company Fleet Safety Policy
- Observe all company policies while on company property
- Abide by all current cell phone regulations as set forth by the DOT
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must have High School Diploma or GED and dependable work history. Prior delivery experience preferred.
Familiarity with computers preferred. May be expected to develop proficiency in Pella proprietary software (i.e. PQM, POETS, OMS, etc.) and/or company email systems (Outlook).
Excellent verbal and written English language skills are required as well as good customer service skills (in person or via the phone).
Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, self-motivated, and have a demonstrated ability to follow assignments through to completion. Attention to detail is required. Must be able to develop trust, respect, and confidence of customers, coworkers and managers. Must present in a clean and neat physical appearance.
Ability to subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform calculations using units of money, time, measurement, etc. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, length, width, height, and depth.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, type or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Them employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Repetitive body motions may be required. The employee may be required to perform tasks 1-2 stories above ground. Time commitment required of this position will vary with based on business need. Some overnight travel may be required.
Work environment with this job includes company warehouse facilities, delivery vehicle, and customer job sites. The noise level of this job is typically moderate to loud. Temperature fluctuates with seasons.