Retail Sales Consultants are responsible for performing in-home residential window and door replacement consultations. These consultations will involve the following of Pella’s in-home selling process, product demonstrations, project evaluation and measuring, project estimating, closing the sale, following the job through the system, and collecting the payment after the install is completed.
Retail Sales Consultants will be responsible for managing all practices and procedures designed to increase sales, enhance profitability, and develop very satisfied customers. All Retail Sales Consultants will be expected to generate repeat customers, referral customers, and new customers independent of Pella’s advertising and marketing efforts.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all field activity relating to customer relations, product sales, collections and customer satisfaction for the replacement segment.
- Pursues leads, gives product demonstrations both in the home and at the Window Store, discusses product options with the customer and takes on-site measurements.
- Ensures quotes and orders are accurate and follows company sales processes
- Completes all required paperwork to ensure all necessary information is present, allowing the Project Coordinator and Installer to efficiently complete the project.
- Complies with company policies on pricing, product offering, installation, credit and collections
- Follows up with prospects to inform them of business changes such as product offering, pricing, or assembly options in a timely manner.
- Must be computer literate and able to use electronic software (PQM, MSOffice, ACE, etc.) to track, quote, sell and order products
- Follow-up with all customers to ensure that the project meets or exceeds the customers' expectations
- Coordinates and communicates with the Project Coordinator to ensure accurate understanding of and timely resolution to customer issues
- Participates in various departmental and interdepartmental meetings or training as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics listed below are Consultant of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
BS/BA, AA or Technical degree preferred, 2-4 year’s sales, customer service, or general business experience preferred. Prior knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is desirable.
Proficiency with Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint software applications. Will be expected to develop proficiency in Pella proprietary software (i.e. PQM, POETS, OMS, etc.). Ability to compile and decipher information in spreadsheet format.
Excellent verbal and written English language skills are required as well as good public relations and customer service skills. Ability to read, interpret, understand and explain documents such as sales processes, product specifications or warranty manuals. Ability to effectively present information to others, gather information from others, and respond appropriately to questions from customers, coworkers and managers. Must display excellent phone and email etiquette. Must be able to present appropriate attitude for the situation when interacting with customers or coworkers.
Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, self-disciplined, self-motivated, and have a demonstrated ability to follow projects through to completion. Attention to detail is required. Must be able to demonstrate organizational skills, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. Must be able to develop trust and confidence of customers, coworkers and managers. Must present in a clean and neat physical appearance. Must be able to investigate issues and resolve conflict in the best interests of the business and our customers.
Ability to subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform calculations using units of money, time, measurement, etc. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, length, width, height, and depth. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra, geometry and general business math.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, type or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Time commitment required of this position will vary with the seasons and will frequently require more than forty hours per week.
Work environment with this job includes the typical office environment and frequent visits to construction jobsites or customer homes. The noise level of this job is typically moderate.
All Retail Sales Consultants must have their own, fully insured and functional, automobile.